Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sight-seeing day

 4.5.12
10:40am
House of people I am staying with

After The family is teaching me some more Spanish, which I am picking up pretty well, and they even wanted me to teach them some basic English. We are making out quite well communication-wise.
Alcázar de Colon
Today, we are going sight seeing! We are going to be going to Alcázar de Colon today. Alcázar de Colon is the most visited museum in the Dominican Republic, and once was a palace for the ruler. I will be adding to this post after I get back!
 5.15.12
3:15pm
House of people I am staying with

Alcázar de Colon was really something to see! All the arches and outdoors and paths... it is really quite neat. It really has a historical feeling around it too, and it is the largest and most visited place in all the Dominican Republic. Another thing I noticed today at Alcázar de Colon was there were a lot of people wearing clothing that I realize is quite traditional. It is very colorful, and flowey. 
Some traditional Dominican Republic clothing
Above is a picture I took of some street dancers. But most people will wear a t-shirt and jeans or shorts, or if they have a good job, a collared shirt and nice pants and shoes. For wandering the streets, I am just wearing sunglasses and shorts and a t-shirt.

1 comment: